The pump and compressor is a mechanical component. In this article we will study differences between Pump and Compressor [Notes with PDF] in detail.
Before moving to our main topic we will see definition of these two first,
What is Pump?
- A Pump is a device used for transferring the liquid to another place from one place.
- For example In Hydro Plant the water from the head pond to the turbine blade, Pump is used for moving the fluid.
- The pump is basically used in hydraulic machines to lift the water from the ground surface to the topmost position.
There are two types of Pump:
- Positive Displacement Pump and
- Dynamic Pump
What is Compressor?
- Compressor is also a mechanical component in which the compressed gases are stored and supply when needed.
- From Compressor we supply compressed gases to vehicles like motorcycle, 4 wheeler and so on.
Different types of Compressor are:
- Axial Compressor.
- Centrifugal Compressor.
- Rotary Screw Compressor.
- Reciprocating Air Compressor.
Difference between Pump and Compressor:
|Pump is a mechanical device which is used for transferring the liquid and gases from one place to another place.||Compressor is also a mechanical device used for storing the compressed gases and releases whenever needed.|
|The pressure of energy increases at higher heights.||But there the pressure of energy increases by compressing gases.|
|In Pump, there is no change in the volume at the inlet to outlet.||But here In Compressor, there is a change in the volume at the inlet to outlet.|
|A pump is used for transferring liquid like water, oil, and so on.||But the compressor is used for transferring only gases.|
|There is not having storage here. Pump only transfers.||The compressor has storage and it stores the Compressed gases.|
|A pump is used to increase the pressure of the incompressible fluid.||A Compressor is used to increase the pressure of the compressible fluid.|
|When it comes to the price, the pump price is less.||But the compressor price is more comparatively Pump.|
|The pump is used in domestic places like Home, Machine, Lifting water, and so on.||Whereas the compressor also work at domestic place only like supplying the compressed air into Motorcycle wheel, Bicycle wheel and othrs.|
|A pump is governed by the suction head and Delivery head.||A compressor is governed a compression ratio, The compressor ratio is output pressure to input pressure.|
|In Pump the kinetic energy increases of the fluid which further increases the pressure energy.||But in compressor by pressuring in smaller volume it Increases the potential energy.|
|There is no such compression ratio here.||The compression ratio is always more than one.|
So here we studied the difference between Pump and Compressor. Let me what other topics you are looking for? Till then thank you and we will meet in other articles again.